Preventing A Retail Injury Claim in Middleham
If you work in a store then there are many chances for you to be injured, simply due to working around stock and other people.
If you want to avoid making an injury claim in Middleham then you should follow a few easy steps to ensure that you stay as safe as possible at work.
You may also want to pass some tips onto your employer so that they can ensure that everyone working in the store has what they need to avoid an injury claim in Middleham.
What Can You Do?
As a store employee, there are a couple of things you can do to avoid being injured. The first is to avoid rushing when you are working. If there is a lot to do and very little time in which to do it then you may take shortcuts and move faster than you usually would.
This is almost asking for an injury! If there is not enough time to do the job you have been asked to do then explain this and ask for either help or an extension on what needs to be done.Open Claim Calculator
Another common reason for an injury claim in Middleham is inexperience. If you have been asked to complete a job that you haven’t had much (or, any) experience with then this can lead to accidents.
Insist on being accompanied by someone who has done the job before, or getting the correct training before you attempt any job.
How To Avoid An Injury Claim in Middleham When:
- Wear appropriate footwear and clothing. Ask for gloves if you need them, or protective equipment.
- Ask for equipment such as a hand-truck or trolley to make moving items easier.
- Use a good posture and keep your back straight as you lift.
- Life from the legs, not the back.
- Warm up before any lifting exercise. Learn some stretches you can do in the morning before your workday begins.
- Make sure you can see in front of you. if you are carrying large items which you can not see over, then find another way to move the item.
- Keep arms tucked in and the item close to you.
- Face the direction you are going.
- Take lots of rest breaks.
Unloading and Stacking Shelves
- Wear the right footwear for slippery floors.
- Clean up spills and make use of ‘wet floor’ signs for both yourself and others.
- Make sure all displays are secure and not likely to fall on yourself or anyone else.
- Make sure all obstructions, cables etc are tucked away.
If You Do Need To Make An Injury Claim in Middleham
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) if you have followed all of this advice and still found yourself injured due to the negligence of your employer.
The team will be able to walk you through your claim and try to get you the compensation you deserve for any injuries which you have not brought upon yourself.