One of the most common injuries sustained in all accident types is whiplash. This is a nickname given to a sprain in the neck, an injury that as been around as long as we have, and not suddenly appeared with the invention of the car.
There are hundreds of ways to get this injury, but if it was due to the fault of someone else that you are suffering from whiplash, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim in Mid Devon for compensation.
The ways whiplash can happen, that could result in a personal injury claim in Mid Devon
There is not enough time to list every single cause of whiplash, but just a few of them include:
- Something heavy hitting your head – this could be something falling as you walk past a construction site
- Heavy lifting – this is fine if you have been trained in the correct way to lift heavy goods, but if you haven’t you could easily sustain a whiplash injury
- Falling over – if you fall over a broken paving slab, and land awkwardly, you can cause a sudden jolt to your head that creates a whiplash injury
- Falling from something – typical examples of falls from things that cause whiplash are falling from a cycle, a motorbike or a horse
- Faulty fairground restraints – if there is a sudden jerk of a fairground ride, and the restraint is faulty, you could suffer from a sprain in your neck
- Road traffic accidents – this is what most people associate whiplash with, because of all the bad press claims for this type of accident have received. If one of those reporters suffered a whiplash injury though, they would realise just how painful and disabling it is.
The effects of a whiplash injury
The victim will not be aware they have done any damage until a few hours after the accident and often it is the next day. When the symptoms start to show, they will feel a few aches and a bit stiff, and this will worsen over the next few days until it reaches its peak, and it is only then it starts to heal.
Mild whiplash will take just a few weeks to heal, but severe whiplash can take a lot longer, and it does appear that the key to a quicker recovery is to keep as active as you can.
Making your injury claim in Mid Devon for a whiplash injury
If your whiplash was the fault of someone else and you want to make a personal injury claim in Mid Devon against them, getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline is the first step you should take.
We will chat to you about your accident and injuries and give you everything you need to know to make an informed decision about making a claim, if this is the right way forward for you.
Only you will be able to decide that, and we will respect your wishes if you decide not to proceed and help you all we can if it is your choice to make a compensation claim.