Making a personal injury claim in Merthyr Tydfil is fairly straightforward if the other party admits they were at fault, but this does not always happen and sometimes you have to prove that you were not to blame for the accident you were injured in.
Who could be to blame for your injuries, and who do you make your injury claim in Merthyr Tydfil against?
There is such a huge variety of accidents that happen every year in the UK, and someone is to blame for every one of the 3 million that take place. Sometimes, the accident is the fault of the victims themselves, but many of them are caused by someone behaving negligently or recklessly, causing injuries to innocent victims.
- Employers – they have a legal duty to protect their employees while they are at work. If they are negligent of this duty they put the health and safety of their staff at risk, and may have to face a personal injury claim in Merthyr Tydfil if an employee is injured and makes a compensation claim against them.
- Drivers – most road traffic accidents are caused by a lack of driver concentration, and many innocent victims are seriously injured in accidents caused by this.
- Local councils – if you trip over a broken paving slab, or a pothole throw you from your cycle, the local council responsible for the repairs is who you would make your personal injury claim in Merthyr Tydfil against
- Government departments and agencies – the police, NHS trusts, ambulance services and any other government department or publically funded body is exempt from the need for insurance, and if you need to make a claim against them, it is settled out of their own funds.
- Manufacturers – they have a duty to ensure that the products they supply to consumers are safe, and if one of their products is defective and causes a consumer harm, they are liable to pay the compensation that is due.
- Doctors and hospitals – if you are mistreated by a member of the medical profession, you may want to make a medical negligence claim against them.
Many of these claims are actually settled by insurance of some sort, and it is not very often the guilty party has to pay the compensation themselves.
Many people are put off making a claim because of dealing with these large companies, but at Accident Advice Helpline it is a daily occurrence, all part of the job.
Getting the help of the experts
If you want to make a personal injury claim, no matter who it is against, get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to find out if you qualify to make a claim, and if you do we will handle it from there. We will not want any money to start the claim, or if it is lost, so as there is no financial risk in making a claim with us, you have nothing to lose by contacting us.