Cycling injury claim in Matlock
Matlock is a village in the Peak district, next to Matlock Bath. It is a very popular destination for motorbike riders and extremely popular with cyclists. The roads around it, running right up into the peaks, are steep and winding, with spectacular views.
A cycling accident could result in an injury claim in Matlock
While enjoying the roads on your bicycle, if the views distract you or another road user then the result can be a nasty accident. If it was not your fault, this could result in an injury claim in Matlock. It is not just motor vehicles that could cause the accident — you could hit a pothole or a bad road surface and be thrown from your bicycle.
Things you can do to reduce the risks of injury
As a cyclist on UK roads, you are very vulnerable to serious injury in the event of an accident. There are some things you can do to try and reduce the risks, such as:
- Wear a well fitting, good quality safety helmet. These do not give as much protection as a motorbike helmet, but are better than nothing to try and protect your head;
- Knee and elbow protectors will help with these particular joints;
- Wear good cycling shoes to try and prevent broken bones in your feet;
- Wear bright clothing, preferably high visibility so that other road users are aware of you;
- Do not ride next to another rider making it difficult for vehicles to overtake you; and
- If you are passing parked cars, leave enough room for a car door to be opened without smashing into you.
Hopefully, these tips may save you from having to make an injury claim in Matlock.
Cycling accidents can create some nasty injuries
You are very exposed when out cycling. Hopefully, if you do come off your bicycle, you will have no more than a few cuts and bruises. However, there are some nasty injuries that can happen resulting in the need to make an injury claim in Matlock. Some of these are:
- Facial injuries;
- Anxiety and stress;
- Broken bones;
- Road rash;
- Dental injuries;
- Back injuries; and
- Head injuries.
If you need to make a claim, Accident Advice Helpline can help
Accident Advice Helpline have been helping cyclists for over 15 years. We have handled many cases of personal injury compensation for cyclists. Unfortunately, some of them have been fatalities and we have helped the bereaved families.
Our advisors are friendly, professional and have compassion. They will understand what you are going through and will help you all they can. You can contact them on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
On our website there is the 30-second test. This will give you some guidance as to the amount of compensation you may be awarded.
Whichever way you choose to get in touch, contact us today. The sooner we know of your injuries, the sooner we can start to process your claim.
Date Published: 21st August 2013