Motorbike injury claim in Matlock Bath
Matlock Bath is in the Peak District, it is perfect motor biking countryside, and bikers take full advantage of this. Whatever day you visit Matlock Bath, you will find numerous motorbikes parked along the main street and many bikers admiring each other’s machines.
Motorbike accidents can cause injury claims in Matlock Bath
With so many motorbikes on twisty, hilly roads, it is inevitable there will be accidents. If the accident was not the fault of the biker, they maybe able to make a compensation injury claim inMatlock Bath.
Possible causes of accidents
Like all accidents, there are many things that can cause a motorbike accident, such things as:
- Bad road surfaces
- Oil or mud on the road
- Other road vehicles
The injuries involved
There are numerous different injuries for which you can make an injury claim in Matlock Bath, just some of these are:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Biker’s arm- this is where the motorbike falls onto the biker and crushes the arm
- Road rash – this is where the biker slides along the road losing skin or flesh from their body
- Back and spinal injuries
A biker has very little protection compared to a car driver. Most of the injuries sustained in a motorbike accident are at the least life changing, an in some cases life threatening.
Making a personal injury compensation claim
In making a personal injury claim in Matlock Bath, the rider will have to consider how the future has been changed by the accident and include in their claim:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings – they may not be able to return to work
- Care costs – if they are no longer able to carry out every day tasks for themselves
- Anxiety, stress and depression
- Replacement of damaged equipment and accessories – although the biker may never ride again, they should still be compensated for the value of leathers, helmets, etc.
- Extra medical costs
- The cost of someone carrying out jobs for them that they would have done in the past themselves – DIY for example.
- Adapting the home – ramps may be needed if the injuries severely damaged the legs and they are no longer able to walk
- Any other costs that are the result of the accident
How you make a personal injury compensation claim
After the trauma of being injured in a motorbike accident, the rider will not need the added stress of dealing with insurance companies to make their personal injury compensation claim. Accident Advice Helpline will handle the claim for them and ensure they are hassled as little as possible.
We will ensure that every area of their life is looked at to maximise their compensation and return some sort of normality to their lives.
Our helpline is available all day every day for anyone that has had an accident of any sort, just call 0800 180 123 4 and speak to one of our advisors.