How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Masham

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Masham

    Food poisoning injury claim in Masham

    Food poisoning is caused by eating contaminated food and will make you feel very poorly. If you have eaten out at a restaurant, had a takeaway or bought something at the local supermarket that has made you ill, you may be able to make an injury claim in Masham.

    How food gets contaminated

    The cause of the contamination are usually bacteria, viruses or chemicals such as pesticides. The contamination can occur when:

    • The food is not thoroughly cooked;
    • Cooked food has been kept at a warm temperature for too long;
    • The food has not been stored at the correct temperature;
    • The use by date has passed on the food;
    • Someone who is ill or has dirty hands has handled the food; or
    • Cross contamination with another food.

    In these conditions, bacteria and viruses are very happy and quickly multiply.

    This is likely to happen to some foods more than others

    There are some foods that are more easily contaminated than others, such as:

    • Poultry, pork and raw meats;
    • Cooked sliced meats;
    • Kebabs;
    • Sausages;
    • Burgers;
    • Pre-packed sandwiches;
    • Raw shellfish;
    • Soft cheeses;
    • Pate;
    • Raw eggs; and
    • Unpasteurised milk.

    If any of these are not kept in the right conditions, or not cooked properly, you may become ill and need to make an injury claim in Masham.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You will soon know you have food poisoning

    Generally, if you have eaten affected food, you will start to feel ill within one to three days, and then you may have:

    • Vomiting;
    • Diarrhoea;
    • Stomach cramps; and
    • Listlessness.

    Mild cases of food poisoning will clear themselves within a few days if the sufferer is sensible. You should rest, drink plenty of water in sips and not attempt any food until you start to feel better. At first, you should only eat things that are easy to digest. Then you should make your injury claim in Market Rasen. More severe cases can have serious affects on a person’s health, causing nerve damage and sometimes even fatalities.

    Food poisoning should be reported

    Food poisoning cases should be reported to the Foods Standards Agency to investigate and find the source. It might not be the fault of the food outlet that caused your poisoning; it could be one of their suppliers. The FSA can visit to ensure that all rules and regulations are being adhered to, and if they are not, make them close until things are put in order.

    Where you can go to make your personal injury compensation claim

    Accident Advice Helpline will make your injury claim in Market Rasen for you. Over the last 15 years, we have helped many thousands of claimants to get the compensation they were due, and many of those claims were for food poisoning.

    You can call our freephone helpline number, 0800 689 0500, and speak to one of our friendly advisors. They will assist you all they can.

    Date Published: 21st August 2013

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.