Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be the cause of an injury claim in Martock
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome happens when the main nerve from the arm to the hand becomes trapped or inflamed in the carpal tunnel. The carpal tunnel is formed by the space between the tendons and ligaments that attach the hand to the forearm and the carpal bones. If the damage to the nerve is caused because of an accident you may be able to make an injury claim in Martock.
The possible causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome that could result in an injury claim in Martock
There are many causes for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, just a few of them are:
- Continual use of vibrating tools
- Excessive forceful bending of the wrist
- Regular heavy lifting
- Repeated direct pressure on the base of the palm
- Excessive forceful pinch grips
If any of these results in you having Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, it is time to make an injury claim in Martock.
The symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
The signs of the condition are:
- The first thing you would notice is pins and needles in the middle and index fingers
- In the same two fingers you may then experience burning or tingling sensations
- Eventually this will turn to pain. It is not unusual for the pain to be in the hand and extend up the forearm
- Occasionally, some sufferers experience dry and chaffed skin in the affected area
- When it reaches its worst state, the thumb can become numb and weak causing a lack of grip. Eventually, if the condition is not treated, this can lead to muscle wasting at the base of the thumb.
If you have any of these signs and you know they have been caused by the negligence of someone else, you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Martock.Open Claim Calculator
The treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
The first thing you should do once you become aware that you have the condition, is stop doing the action that is causing it. Then:
- The wrist should be allowed to rest to let it recover
- Take painkillers if necessary
- A wrist splint is often used to keep the tunnel in place without stress, particularly at night time
- Steroid injections
- Surgery to release the nerve
Women tend to suffer from this condition more than men and seem to be particularly susceptible when they are pregnant. As soon as the baby is born it normally disappears.
Making an injury claim in Martock
Accident Advice Helpline are experts in personal injury compensation claims for all types of injuries and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is no exception. Over the last 13 years we have helped many thousands of claimants pursue their claims and get the compensation to which they were entitled.
You can complete our 30-second test online which will give you some guidance as to the amount you are likely to receive.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.