How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Martin Mill

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Martin Mill

    Have you had an accident at work and need to make an injury claim in Martin Mill ?

    All employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees while in the workplace.  They can help do this by:

    • Ensuring the employee have enough space to work in comfortably
    • Making sure all the equipment in use is in good working order and has any required safety guards fitted
    • Training staff properly to use any plant and equipment
    • Keeping all walkways free from spillages and obstructions
    • Making sure employees take proper breaks
    • Provide, free of charge, any protective clothing or equipment that staff need to do their job safely
    • Carry out risks assessments and act upon their findings
    • Keep a record of all accidents no matter how minor
    • Report serious accident to the Health and Safety executive (HSE)

    If the employer is negligent in his responsibilities and you get injured in an accident at work, you may be entitled to make an injury claim Martin Mill.

    The employee has responsibilities to try and avoid an injury claim in Martin Mill

    Employees also have responsibilities for safety in the workplace such as:

    • Wearing any protective clothing provided
    • Not using plant and equipment that does not have safety guards in place
    • Not doing anything that would put a work colleague at risk
    • Taking the proper breaks
    • Letting the employer know as soon as  a potential health and safety problem is spotted

    Employers liability insurance

    Most employers, there are a few exceptions such as government departments, legally have to have an employers liability insurance policy.

    Each year at renewal, the insurance company provides a certificate of employers liability insurance which the employer should really put on display for all employers to see.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If they do not, the employees can ask to see the certificate at any time and the employer has to show it to them.  The law requires a minimum cover of £5,000,000 for this type of insurance but most insurance companies start at £10,000,000.

    How to make your personal injury compensation claim

    Dealing with insurance companies is not always straightforward.  Their forms are complex and they delight in asking awkward questions.  Our solicitors are used to dealing with them, will not be brow beaten by them and ensure they handle the injury claim Martin Mill with speed and efficiency.

    Accident Advice Helpline have been dealing with personal injury compensation claims for over 13 years and for 10 of those years, Esther Rantzen has been our patron.  Esther recommends our services because she knows we will deliver what we promise, the highest quality customer service possible.

    We operate a No Win No Fee* agreement so that you do not have to find any money to start your claim.

    You can complete our 30-second test on line.  This will give you some guidance as to the amount of compensation you may be awarded, or you could phone our helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 24th August 2013

    Author: matthew

    Category: Location Posts

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.