How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Longham

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Longham


    If you live in Longham it is possible that you have been injured in an accident that was no fault of yours and you are thinking of making an injury claim in Longham. If you can prove that someone else was to blame for your accident and subsequent injuries, you may be able to make an injury claim in Longham. You normally have three years from the date of an accident in which to file a personal injury compensation claim. However, in some instances you have only two years in which to do so.

    Injury claim in Longham

    You could also be thinking of making an injury claim in Longham (for example), if you have been diagnosed with an illness which was caused by someone else’s negligence. You may have repetitive strain injury (RSI) either because you work on a keyboard typing all day and your work station has not been adjusted to suit your build, or because you assemble small components all day. In such circumstances you may be able to prove that your illness was caused by your employer’s negligence. The Health and Safety at Work regulations, which are overseen by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), give guidelines which both employers and employees should follow. They are designed so that health issues can be kept to a minimum and the risk of accidents is low.

    Definitions of work-related illnesses

    The Occupational Safety and Health Administration in the US define a work-related illness in the following way:-

    “You must consider an injury or illness to be work-related if an event or exposure in the work environment either caused or contributed to the resulting condition or significantly aggravated a pre-existing injury or illness. Work-relatedness is presumed for injuries and illnesses resulting from events or exposures occurring in the work environment, unless an exception in § 1904.5(b)(2) specifically applies.”

    Open Claim Calculator

    The World Health Organization defines illnesses and diseases which are work-related in this way:-

    “An “occupational disease” is any disease contracted primarily as a result of an exposure to risk factors arising from work activity. “Work-related diseases” have multiple causes, where factors in the work environment may play a role, together with other risk factors, in the development of such diseases.”

    If you have been diagnosed with a work-related illness or an occupational disease in the last three years, then you may be able to make an injury claim in Longham, or one based elsewhere in the UK, against your employer.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    I you believe that you have an injury claim in Longham (or one anywhere else in the UK) you should contact us at Accident Advice Helpline. We can give you the expert advice you need, having been in the personal injury compensation claims business for more than a decade. Why not check out our website? Alternatively you can call us on one of our freephone numbers whenever you like, as the lines are always open.

    Call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Why not call now, for expert legal advice?

    Date Published: 20th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.