Injury Claim Loch Ness



You may live in Drumnadrochit close to Loch Ness, Scotland’s second largest and second deepest loch, and you may be contemplating making an injury claim in Loch Ness. You may have been injured in an accident which you can prove was the fault of another person and that you were in no way to blame. Generally you have three years from the date of your accident in which to file an injury claim in Loch Ness.

Injury claim in Loch Ness

You may also make an injury claim in Loch Ness if you have been diagnosed with an illness which you can prove was caused by someone else’s negligence, and once again, you have three years in which to file an injury claim in Loch Ness or one from any other place in Britain.

Exceptions to the three-year rule

As with most things, there are exceptions to these general rules. If you have an accident at sea, in the air, or at most airports in the world, you have only two years in which to file a personal injury compensation claim. This is because accidents such as these are governed by international conventions.

You also only have two years to file an injury claim in Loch Ness or elsewhere if you have been injured in a crime. You can claim personal injury compensation for such an injury through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

Filing a claim with the CICA

You can, generally apply for compensation from the CICA if you have been injured in an act of violence in England, Scotland or Wales. The person who caused you injuries does not have to have been charged or convicted of the crime in which you were injured.

The minimum award paid out by the CICA is £1,000 so to apply for compensation, your injury must not be a very minor one. The maximum amount of compensation you can receive is £500,000.

You can download a form from the CICA site and fill it in yourself, although it is generally advisable for you to hire the services of an injury lawyer to help you, because the form and process is complicated. Also if you want to appeal against any decision made by the CICA you will need the services of a personal injury lawyer who has experience of dealing with these claims.

Accident Advice Helpline

If you have any type of personal injury compensation claim to make, you should contact us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert help and advice. You can call us at any time, every day of the year without exception. There are two freephone numbers for you to use: 0800 689 0500 for landline calls and 0333 500 0993 for calls from mobiles. For expert legal advice about any potential personal injury compensation claim, why not call us now?

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )