How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Linton

    Britain is not particularly well-known for its vineyards, but the one at Chilford Hall, near Linton is now well-established. You may have visited this area or been to a wedding or other function there. On the way you may have been injured in an accident that was no fault of yours and if that is the case, you could, if the accident happened within the last three years, be entitled to make an injury claim in Linton or one from anywhere else in the UK. You can claim for accidents at all public places if they were not your own fault.

    Making an injury claim in Linton

    You can also make an injury claim if you have been diagnosed with a work-related illness or an occupational disease within the last three years. If you can prove that any illness (food poisoning is a good example) was caused by another person’s negligence you may be able to file an injury claim in Linton or one from elsewhere in the UK.

    Agriculture and illness

    If you work on a farm, in a horticulture centre, or a viticulture one, you may come into contact with pesticides and other hazardous substances. Hazardous substances might come in the form of chemicals or products which contain chemicals (pesticides, for example), fumes or mist, dust, vapours, gases and so on. Products which are hazardous to health come with a warning sign on them and should always be handled with care and only when you are wearing and using, the appropriate protective gear.

    You may also work in dusty environments if you work with grains and hay. Respiratory problems such as asthma and Farmer’s Lung can be contracted if you do not wear protective clothing. If you develop a work-related illness because your employer has not provided you with the appropriate gear, then you would probably be able to file an injury claim against your employer. On the other hand if you were provided with suitable clothing and equipment, but you failed to use it, you would not have grounds to file a personal injury compensation claim.

    There are strict regulations and guidelines to follow if you use hazardous substances at work. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations offer control guidelines such as:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • enclosing transfer points and putting lids on bins;
    • filtered air supplies to vehicles;
    • dust extraction;
    • fresh air blowers;
    • respirators;
    • skin protective equipment.” (COSHH)

    Failure to implement these measures could be harmful to the health of those working in the agricultural sector as well as workers in other industries. If the guidelines were not followed and you developed an illness, you could have grounds to file an injury claim in Linton (for example) against your employer.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you think you have grounds on which to base any personal injury claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline, now for expert legal advice. From a landline call 0800 689 0500 or from a mobile, 0333 500 0993. You can call now as the lines are always open.

    Date Published: 14th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.