Warehouses are the third most dangerous places to work in the UK, only the construction industry and farming being any worse if the statistics for serious injuries at deaths are anything to go by.
Many accidents happen in them that are not the victim’s fault, and in this situation they are legally entitled to make a personal injury claim in Lichfield.
How accidents in warehouses happen
There are numerous ways people are injured in warehouses, just a few suggestions being:
- Spillages and obstacles in walkways – These should be cleared away as soon as possible. In a warehouse, a worker is more likely to be carrying something that block or impairs their vision, and if there is a spillage or obstacle that should not be there, they could have an accident that was not their fault.
- Falls from height – Warehouses are often over several levels, and workers have to work at height. This should be kept to a minimum, but if they should have to work above ground level, all the proper safety precautions should be in place.
- Forklift truck accidents – Forklift trucks can be a vital piece of equipment in a warehouse, but they should only be operated by those trained to use them. Driving a forklift and managing its load is a skilful job, and one of these vehicles in the wrong hands could lead to disaster.
- Badly stacked stock – If the stock in the warehouse is not stacked correctly, it could fall onto someone if it topples over. If it happens to be heavy items, the outcome could be fatal.
- Heavy lifting – This is not problem if it is done correctly, but the staff that need to do this need to be properly trained. Incorrect lifting of heavy items can damage someone’s back permanently, and this would be classed as an accident at work that was not their fault.
We have mentioned just five of the common ways accidents happen in warehouses, all of which could be caused by someone other than the victim, meaning the victim will be entitled to make a personal injury claim in Lichfield.
Making your personal injury claim in Lichfield
If you have been injured in any type of accident that was not your fault, you should listen to the advice of Esther Rantzen and get in tough with Accident Advice Helpline.
Esther recommends our services because she likes the way we are open and honest with our claimants, and how their needs are given priority over everything else.
She also likes the fact that we take the financial risk of winning the claim, and do not ask victims for any money to start the work, or if the claim is lost. The no win no fee* agreement takes care of financing the claim, and it is the only way we handle them.
If you would like to know more about why Esther recommends our no win no fee* services, have a chat to one of the friendly advisors on our freephone helpline. They will provide you with answers to any questions you may have about making a personal injury compensation claim.
Date Published: 23rd October 2014