Had a construction site injury? Speak to our injury claim lawyers in Wednesbury
Construction sites are by their very nature, busy and dangerous places to work and with over 2 million construction site workers, is the largest industry in the UK. The use of heavy machinery combined with multiple tradesmen working to strict deadlines means that corners may be cut in order to save time and money.
However, safety is one area that should never be compromised as it can have devastating and life changing consequences for the workers who are employed there.
- It is the legal responsibility of the main contractor or employer to ensure that relevant health and safety legislation is taught and implemented on site at all times.
- Ignorance of the procedures and safe working practices is no longer an excuse for accidents and resulting injuries.
- In fact, employers can be taken to court and even sentenced for failing in their legal duty to ensure that their employees are safe at work.
- With the introduction of widespread and trade specific safety training, the risks of being injured through a construction related accident have been significantly reduced over the last 20 years.
- Safety hats are integral to this fall in the rate of accidents that have been reported. The introduction of hard hat areas in construction have meant that it is a legal requirement for workers, irrespective of their status, to wear appropriate safety helmets whilst on site. Even visitors to the site are legally obliged to wear safety helmets whilst walking around the site to avoid the risk of injury and ensure that they are highly visible to workers operating machinery and working at height.
Claiming for your construction site injury
If you or a fellow worker have been injured as a result of a construction site injury that wasn’t caused by your fault, within the last 3 years’, then you may be legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim using Accident Advice Helpline.
Call the helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and speak to a sensitive and experienced adviser who can offer no obligation free legal advice and guidance about claiming with their injury lawyers in Wednesbury.
Looking for injury claim lawyers in Wednesbury? Call Accident Advice Helpline
Our injury claim lawyers in Wednesbury will ensure that your needs, as a victim of an accident, are at the centre of your claim. Your injury claim will be processed using Accident Advice Helpline’s core principles of dependability, reliability, accountability and integrity. Their injury lawyers in Wednesbury will even process your claim on a 100% no win no fee basis.
Use our unique 30 second online test and see if you can claim using their injury lawyers and find out how much you could possibly receive for your personal injury claim!
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 25th November 2013
Author: David Brown