Facial injuries can have a devastating effect on the victim, if they are left with scars on their face it can turn the most extrovert of people into a recluse as they do not want people to see them. If the accident that caused this was the fault of someone else, they are legally entitled to compensation, and many of them turn to Accident Advice Helpline to make a facial injury claim in Lambeth as a way of getting the justice they deserve.
Other facial injuries that a facial injury claim in Lambeth are made for
Scarring to the face is not the only facial injury, any injury from the chin to the forehead is counted as one. It could be:
- A broken nose – this can cause difficulty with breathing and needs immediate medical attention to stop this from happening.
- A broken jawbone – this can cause problems with talking and eating, and needs attending to so that it does not heal deformed.
- Bones broken around the eyes – this can cause problems with eyesight, and if the retina becomes detached it could mean a loss of sight.
- Something going in the eye – you should not mess with this yourself, but get it taken out by a medical professional. You can do more harm than good by messing with your eyes, they are a very delicate organ.
- Damage to your teeth – dental damage is not always thought of as a facial injury, but it is and can cause the victim much pain and suffering. Sometimes it can be the dentist that causes the damage, if they happen to slip with a drill.
- Broken cheekbones – this can make the face look like it has collapsed and surgery could be required to pin the bones back into place.
Most of these injuries and any other facial injuries can cause much pain and anxiety to the victim and they should make a facial injury claim in Lambeth to get recompense for the suffering they have been caused.
The ways courts view facial injuries
If the facial injury scars or deforms the face in any way, the courts award more to a woman. This is because the society we live in cares more about how women look, and it is thought it causes them more trauma than a man. But if a male has a job that relies on his face, such as a male model or actor, they would be awarded a similar amount to a woman.
Getting the help of the experts for your facial injury claim in Lambeth
Accident Advice Helpline is expert in all types of personal injury claims, not just those that affect the face. For over 14 years we have been specialising in making compensation claims and have the experience, expertise and knowledge you want to be on your side.
We work on a no win no fee basis and this will finance your claim so that you do not have to worry whether you can afford it or not, anyone can make a personal injury claim with Accident Advice Helpline.
Date Published: 22nd October 2014