There are many different accidents and injuries that victims make a personal injury claim in Ipswich for, accidents at work being among them. You should be safe at your job, and you do not expect to be injured in an accident that was not your fault, and your employer has a legal responsibility to stop that happening.
They can help to reduce the risk of accidents by complying with the health and safety legislation, and if they are negligent with regard to these issues and you are injured in an accident at work, you would be entitled to make a personal injury claim in Ipswich for compensation.
The precautions employers can take to avoid a personal injury claim in Ipswich
Many of the precautions employers need to take to help protect the health and safety of their employees are common sense, but it is surprising how many employers do not have any. Simple things like:
- Making sure employees have enough space to work comfortably without excessive twisting and turning
- Make sure walkways are kept free of spillages and obstructions
- Making sure any plant and equipment is in proper working order, and has the correct safety guards in place and working
- Having a health and safety policy that all employees are aware of and abide by
- Having proper sanitary facilities
- Carrying out risk assessments and acting on their findings
- Keeping an accident book to record all accidents in, no matter how trivial they may seem
- Reporting serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
These are just a few of the things employers should do to reduce the risk of accidents at work and employees wanting to make a personal injury claim in Ipswich.
There are many other regulations they should follow that apply to all employers, and there are ones that apply to particular trades and professions. The information they need is readily available on the governments HSE website, and ignorance of the facts is no defence if you make a personal injury claim in Ipswich against them.Open Claim Calculator
Do not concern yourself with the effect your claim will have on the business as most employers have employers liability insurance that would settle the claim, and the main exemptions to the legal need for this is government departments and agencies who settle claims out of their own funds.
Making your personal injury claim in Ipswich
When you think you have a case to make a personal injury claim, the best option is to get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to find out for sure. You can do this by completing the 30-second test on our website, which will also give you an estimate of how much your compensation could be, or one call to our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, and a friendly adviser will let you know if you qualify.