What Are Your Employer’s Health & Safety Responsibilities to avoid an injury claim in Middleton by Wirksworth
If you have been injured at work then you may want to make a workplace injury claim Middleton by Wirksworth. If you use Accident Advice Helpline then you stand a good chance of claiming compensation for your injury, to pay for any missed wages, expensive treatment or help required after your injury.
However, you can make a much better case for compensation if you can prove that your employer has been negligent when it comes to their health and safety responsibilities.
If this is the case then they are better off paying you compensation for your injury and tightening up their health and safety than having to go to court. When it comes to health and safety, your employer is expected to:
- Make the workplace safe and secure. This includes providing adequate security in the workplace, making sure there isn’t dangerous equipment left around and that the building is well maintained.
- Make sure there are no health risks pleasant. This means regular sanitary checks in kitchens and toilets, dealing with any infestations or rodent problems, bringing in cleaners to keep office areas clean and healthy.
- Ensure that all machinery and materials are up to date and safe to use. When new machinery is brought in to the sector in which you work then machines and equipment in your company should be upgraded. If an out of date piece of machinery causes an injury then the injured party is entitled to make an injury claim in Middleton by Wirksworth. Machinery should also be checked over regularly and well maintained.
- Set up emergency procedures and make sure all staff are well versed in what to do should certain situations arise. Fire procedures are an example of this. If people are injured during a fire or fire drill because they have not been told the correct procedure then this may be a case for an injury claim in Middleton by Wirksworth.
- Take precautions when it comes to dangerous substances, machinery etc. If you are working with potentially dangerous substances and machinery then you should be provided with the correct safety equipment to use that machine or substance. You should also have been trained in what to do if something goes wrong to minimise the chance of injury.
How Do I Make An Injury Claim in Middleton By Wirksworth?
If you have sustained an injury at work and feel that it has happened because your employer has been negligent in any way then you should call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from mobiles) to speak to someone that can help.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims and will be able to represent you and process your claim for you easily.
The personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win no fee basis so you don’t stand to lose any money even if your case is unsuccessful.
Date Published: 25th August 2013
Author: David Brown