How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Hull

    If you have been involved in an accident that was not your fault in the last three years, or if you have been diagnosed with an illness that is work-related in the same time period, you may be considering making an injury claim in Hull if that is where you live and work. You have three years in which to make a claim, although in some cases you only have two. It is best to file an injury claim in Hull or elsewhere as soon as you possibly can, as if claims have to be settled in court, may take years rather than months to be settled. Accident Advice Helpline can help you to make a claim.

    Injury claim in Hull

    You and your accident solicitor will have to build a case to prove negligence on the part of another person was the reason for your accident or illness. Your solicitor will ask you to provide certain documents, particularly a medical report and a prognosis of how long your doctor believes it will take you to make a full recovery. If you are not expected to ever recover fully, this will affect your injury claim in Hull.

    Crime victims

    If you have been injured in an assault or another crime, then you can make an injury claim in Hull through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) as long as you were a blameless victim. This means that if you were assaulted you could claim compensation if you had not in any way provoked the attack. The CICA pays compensation of between £1,000 and £500,000 and the service is free. However, you may need the advice of a solicitor to fill in the rather complicated forms. You would also need to consult a solicitor to ensure that you received the maximum amount possible for your injury, and a solicitor’s help if you needed to appeal against the CICA’s decision.

    You will have to provide your medical records and the CICA will ask the police for their report too. You have to apply for compensation within two years of sustaining your injury. You should have informed the police about the incident as soon as possible after its occurrence, as if you did not, you would not be eligible for an award. You may not be able to claim if you have a criminal record.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you believe that you have good grounds for making any type of personal injury compensation claim, but you don’t know where to begin, you could contact us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert legal advice. We are a law firm with more than a decade’s experience of helping people with their claims. We work with a team of expert solicitors who are specialists in personal injury compensation claims.

    Open Claim Calculator

    You could visit our website and browse through the pages to find out more about who we are and what we may be able to do for you. You can call us free on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile (charges may vary). Call now for expert legal advice.

    Date Published: 10th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.