How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim in Hughley

    If you live in Hughley you may be contemplating making an injury claim in Hughley either because you have contracted an illness for which another person’s negligence was to blame, or because you were involved in an accident for which you were not responsible in any way. To make a successful claim you need to be able to prove that your accident or illness was the result of another person’s negligence. For this reason, in order to file a successful injury claim in Hughley, you will need an accident or personal injury solicitor.

    Injury claim in Hughley

    You will need to find an accident solicitor who is experienced and knowledgeable about the type of accident or illness you have had. You also need to file an injury claim in Hughley within three years either of your accident or of your diagnosis. It is pointless to hire an accident solicitor who specializes in road traffic accidents if you had a slip, trip or fall in a public place, for example.

    Claiming personal injury compensation

    If you believe that you can prove negligence on the part of another person who caused your accident or illness, then you could make an injury claim in Hughley or elsewhere. Although you have three years in which to file a claim in the UK, it is advisable to do so as soon as you can. This is because the claims procedure takes time.

    First of all you need to find a solicitor to represent you and after an initial appointment which is generally free, you will be informed if you have grounds to make a claim. After that, if you choose to hire that solicitor, you will be asked to provide various documents. You will need a medical report, a police report if they were involved, pay slips as proof of earnings, if you claim for loss of earnings, and receipts for expenses relating to your injury or illness. These may be for medical equipment, treatment, taxi fares to a hospital or doctor’s surgery or any other expenses which you would not have had if it were not for your injury or illness.

    After you have provided the necessary documentation, your solicitor will study your medical records and do some research into the amounts of compensation awarded to people with similar injuries to yours in the past few years. He or she will also consult the Judicial College’s guidelines for compensation for injuries such as yours. This will take time.

    Open Claim Calculator

    A letter will be written to the person you allege is responsible for your illness or injury and the recipient will have ninety days in which to reply. If they deny responsibility, then you may need to take the case to court, which will take years. Your claim may be settled out of court within six months of it being filed, but it may not be possible to settle in that time. So the earlier you make your claim, the better.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you need expert legal advice about a possible personal injury compensation claim, call us at Accident Advice Helpline free, now on 0333 500 0993 on a mobile or 0800 689 0500 on a landline.

    Date Published: 10th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.