Summer is winding to an end. Unlike many British summers blighted by endless drizzle, many of us are actually likely to take notice as we return to work, school or University this year. Chief among the concerns of many parents is sure to be the cost and fuss of getting our children ready for the new term.
Whatever our youngsters have been up to over the summer, it’s a sure thing that many of us will be concerned about the safety of our children as we must once again concern ourselves with the busy and often under supervised school run. We spoke to one parent and part-time crossing guard – that’s a ‘Lollipop person’ to most of us – skilled in avoiding injury claim Henley-on-Thames to get some top tips for keeping kids safe and drop-off time!
Back to school means fresh dangers – tips for parents on the school run
Our crossing-guard advised the following to avoid an injury claim Henley-on-Thames:
1. Injury claim in Henley-on-Thames are often caused by ignoring advice given by school and local authorities, so don’t take short cuts! Much time and money will be spent establishing where the safest places to drop children off should be, so don’t take the risk of dropping children further away from the school in hopes of avoiding traffic.
2. Make sure your children are fully familiar with road traffic safety! An injury claim in Henley-on-Thames is a frequently avoidable, and it shouldn’t just fall to the schools to teach children the essentials of the Green Cross Code. Advisers suggests that our increasingly vehicular and mobile 21st Century families walk the streets together with staggering infrequency, giving children less and less opportunity to learn about real road safety. Don’t let your child become a statistic!
3. Injury claim events don’t just involve children on the roadsides, but are often caused by drivers just like you who get up in the morning with not enough time to spare and not enough time to spare and without enough sleep to safely drive. If you are too tired to drive, then don’t! And never be in a rush – injury claim in Henley-on-Thames events don’t take a break, but you certainly should!
4. Make sure your vehicle is properly maintained and serviced. Many accidents could have been avoided if tyres and breaks were in their correct condition. Don’t let the guilt of faulty breaks chase you around after an injury claim in Henley-on-Thames!
5. Be sure to pay close attention to where you park. We all know what the roads around a suburban school can look like in the mornings and afternoons, with rushed parents pulling up in all kinds of places to deposit or collect. However, be aware that this kind of congestion influences pedestrian traffic too, with the results that children will dash between cars or cross in improper places, exposing themselves to harm.
What should you do if involved in an injury claim in Henley-on-Thames?
By talking to the friendly and highly trained advisers at Accident Advice Helpline you could quickly find out whether you could be entitled with compensation to help you cope with your injuries. Just call 0800 689 0500 (or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) for a no obligation chat today.