How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury Claim in Greater Manchester

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Greater Manchester

    When you are booking your holidays, your thoughts are of having fun and relaxing and taking a break from the daily treadmill of life. The last thing on your mind is being injured in an accident that was not your fault and having to make a personal injury claim in Greater Manchester. 

    But every year, holidaymakers are injured in accidents while they are vacating, some in the UK and some abroad. This results injuries of all sorts and many ruined holidays.

    Making a personal injury claim in Greater Manchester for an accident on holiday in the UK

    If your holiday is in the UK and you have an accident while away, if the accident was not your fault and you had to see medical treatment you could be entitled to make a personal injury claim in Greater Manchester.

    It would depend on what type of accident you had as to who you make the claim against, it could be:

    • A coach company if you are in a road traffic accident while getting to or from your destination, or out on a day trip.
    • It could be your hotel if the accident happens within their premises.
    • The holiday camp could be liable if the accident is on their property.
    • A local restaurant could be the one you claim against if it is their food that makes you ill with food poisoning.
    • A local shop if you have an accident in the premises.
    • The local council if you have an accident because of something they should have repaired, such as the pavements or potholes in the road.
    • The car hire company if the car you hire has a defect that causes an accident.

    All of these, and any other accident you have while on holiday in the UK, come under the normal rules for making a claim, which say:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Someone else must have been to blame for the accident
    • You must have sustained injuries in the accident
    • Your injuries must have needed medical attention
    • The accident must have happened within the last three years

    Making a personal injury claim in Greater Manchester for an accident on holiday abroad

    These are slightly different in that a lot depends on how the holiday was booked as to whether you are entitled to claim compensation for your injuries. For instance, if you made all the bookings yourself, at least two elements of it, say your hotel and flights have to have been booked through a UK company.

    If your holiday is a cruise, it depends where the cruise where the cruise started, what ports it stopped at and where it finished as to what set of rules a claim comes under. There is more than one, and it is important the right rules are used.

    Making a personal injury claim

    You can see how complicated making a claim for a holiday abroad can be, but it is not impossible, and the experts at Accident Advice Helpline will handle all the complications for you. Just ring our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123 with all the details, and we will take it from there.

    Date Published: 21st October 2014

    Author: matthew

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.