There are several different types of insurance that employers can buy, and among them is employer’s liability insurance, which covers them if an employee makes a personal injury claim in Gateshead against them.
Types of insurance employers need
There a few different types of insurance that employers may need to protect themselves and their business and these include:
- Motor insurance to cover their vehicles
- Product liability insurance if they supply goods to consumers, in case one of the things they sell causes harm to a purchaser
- Public liability insurance is a must for all employers, as who knows when a member of the public could enter their premises and be injured through no fault of their own
- Professional indemnity insurance if they offer a service which goes wrong, such as in the medical profession
- Interruption of business insurance is in case there is some sort of situation, such as a fire, that destroys their business. This will pay them their profits for a period of time, until they can restart
- Employer’s liability insurance to cover them in case an employee is injured in an accident at work and makes a personal injury claim in Camden against them
- Insurance to cover their stock and equipment in case this gets damaged or stolen
Not all of these are a legal requirement but employer’s liability is one of the ones that is.
How your employer may react if you make a personal injury claim in Gateshead against them
Statistics show that the majority of victims who return to work after an accident do not have any problems at all, in fact often the fact they have made a claim is not even mentioned.
Some employers feel that they have to pay this insurance every year, and just like all other insurances, if the situation arises, a claim should be made against it.
There are other employers who react badly though and what they do not seem to realise is that it is illegal to act in this way. They cannot treat the victim or any witnesses in a bad way or they may have to face an employment tribunal, as well as a personal injury claim in Gateshead.
Making your claim after being injured in an accident at work
If you are injured in an accident at work that was the fault of your employer, you can claim compensation from them. This is a legal process that should have the care of lawyers who understand the processes of making a claim, as too many of them are lost on a technicality.
Accident Advice Helpline’s lawyers are experts in this field of the law and with the experience and expertise they have you can rest assured that your claim is in good hands.
Call our helpline number (0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone), or complete one of our online options, to find out all you need to know about making a personal injury claim.
Date Published: 21st October 2014