How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim following an accident

    Injury claim following an accident

    You may want to make an injury claim following an accident you have had in the last three years. If the accident was not your fault in any way, then you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim. You can also make an injury claim following a diagnosis of an illness for which someone else’s negligence was responsible. This could be for a work-related illness or food poisoning, for example.

    Injury claim following an accident in a public place

    You may have been injured in an accident in a public place, such as the street, a cinema, restaurant or hotel. If you sprained your ankle badly after inadvertently stepping into a pothole as you crossed the road, then you could be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim against the local authority which is responsible for the maintenance of roads and streets.

    In most other public places, you can make an injury claim following an accident against the owner of those premises. If you can, you should take photographs of the scene of the accident and of your injuries, as these can be used as supporting evidence for your claim.

    If your accident took place in a shop, you should inform a member of staff and have them log it in the accident book (which all public premises should have) along with the names and contact details of any witnesses. You should then seek immediate medical attention so that the extent and severity of your injuries can be assessed. You will need a medical report if you make a personal injury compensation claim.

    You will need to keep receipts of all the expenses you incurred solely as a result of your injuries. For example, you may have broken your leg and be unable to drive. If you had to take a taxi to the doctor’s surgery, you could claim back the cost of the fare.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you think you have grounds to make a compensation claim for an injury sustained in an accident that was in no way your fault and occurred no longer than three years ago, then contact us at Accident Advice Helpline. We are a law firm with more than 15 years’ experience of dealing with claims such as yours. We work with a team of expert solicitors who operate under the no-win, no-fee agreement.

    You can find out more about us and information relevant to your claim if you visit our website. Take our 30-second test (that’s how long it takes to complete) and see how much you might get in compensation for your injury. This figure is an estimate.

    After taking the test, you can call us on one of our helpline numbers. You can discuss your injury claim following an accident with one of our advisers, and find out more about the legal process. The number to ring from a landline is 0800 689 0500, and from a mobile phone, call 0333 500 0993.

    Date Published: 11th September 2013

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.