There are some things you should do, and some things you shouldn’t when you have been injured in an accident that was not your own fault and want to make a personal injury claim in Enfield.
The do’s of a personal injury claim in Enfield
Before you start your personal injury claim in Enfield, there are a few things you should do, such as:
- Make sure you fit the rules that say you must have been injured in an accident that was not your fault sometime in the last three years.
- Get the right legal representation to make your claim. Accident Advice Helpline are a specialist law firm that have been helping innocent victims for over 14 years, and have the experience you need to give your claim its best chance of being successful.
- They will always be open and honest with you and you should be the same with them, if you want your claim settled quickly and fairly.
- Respond as soon as you can to any requests for information.
- Gather as much evidence as you can to prove your claim. This could be witness statement, photos of the accident scene or maybe an accident report from an official body that might have investigated the accident.
- If you are unsure of anything, before or during your claim, call our friendly advisors on 0800 180 4123 they will answer all your questions.
These are just a few suggestions that will help your claim run smoothly, but of course there are some don’s that will help too.
The don’ts of a personal injury claim in Enfield
In some ways the don’ts of making a personal injury claim in Enfield can be more important than the do’s because getting something wrong can cost you your claim.
- Do not exaggerate your injuries, if you are found out you could not only lose your claim, you could be prosecuted for fraud.
- Do not lie to us, we need you to be honest so that we can fight your claim on a proper footing.
- Do not pay anyone any money to start your claim – we use the no win no fee agreement and will not ask for money to start the claim or if it is lost.
- Do not have any contact with the other side, if they want to know or say anything, it should be through us.
- Do not be afraid to call and ask questions if you do not understand something, misunderstandings can cause problems.
Of course, every claim and victim is different, so not all things apply to everyone, but the above should help keep your claim as simple and stress-free as possible and enable us to settle your claim without delay.