There are many reasons why innocent victims make a personal injury claim in Dinas Powys, food poisoning being just one of them. If you have eaten food prepared or sold by someone else that gives you a bout of food poisoning, you could be entitled to make a personal injury claim in Dinas Powys and should be speaking to Accident Advice Helpline about claiming your compensation.
The causes of personal injury claim in Dinas Powys
There are many ways to cause food poisoning, all of which food eateries and outlets should know to avoid. Just a few samples of them are:
- Not cooking the food thoroughly as partly cooked food is a perfect breeding ground for the bacteria that cause food poisoning.
- Reheating foods such as meats gives them a higher risk of causing food poisoning.
- Keeping cooked foods warm for prolonged periods is not the best thing to do, as this can cause innocent victims to become ill.
- All preparation and cooking areas should be kept clean at all times, as should all the utensils that are in use.
- The people working in the kitchens should wash their hands regularly, and anyone that is ill should not be allowed anywhere near the food.
Some foods such as soft cheeses, smoked salmon, pate and salami also carry a high risk of causing this problem as they can contain one of the more common bacteria to cause food poisoning, Campylobacter.
Most of us will have heard of Salmonella poisoning which is often from poultry products, and extra care should be taken when cooking chicken and the like, as these bacteria is very hazardous to health.
Listeria is the other bacteria to beware of and it is found in many dairy products if they are not treated correctly. Listeria is of a particular danger to the elderly and pregnant women.
Anyone processing food of any type, needs to have the necessary precautions in place to ensure safety. If it is something that is mass produced for instance, there could be many victims suffering from food poisoning, all with the option of making a personal injury claim in Dinas Powys.
Accident Advice Helpline
Call Accident Advice Helpline and tell one of our friendly advisers. They will be able to let you know if you qualify for compensation, and if you do, will guide you through every step of the process.
Only when you fully understand the workings of making a claim, they will let you make the decision whether to continue or not. You will be under no obligation and they will not pressure you in any way if you decide that making a compensation claim is not what you want to do.
Date Published: 20th November 2014