If you want to make a personal injury claim in Derby for compensation, and the person you feel is to blame argues the point, you will need to gather as much evidence as you can that they were at fault.
The evidence you will need to prove your personal injury claim in Derby
There are several things that can help you to prove your accident and the injuries you sustained, such as:
- If there were any witnesses to the accident, ask if they are prepared to make a witness statement. If they are, get their contact details so if needed, Accident Advice Helpline can contact them.
- If you are able to, get photos of the accident scene. Ones taken on a mobile phone are good enough, and the more of them the better. If you are too badly injured to do this, as soon as you are able to, ask someone else to go and take photos for you.
- Make a sketch, just for your own use, of how the accident happened in your eyes. If you make notes to go with it, this will help keep the details fresh in your mind when the information is needed.
- In some accidents, the police, HSE or other official bodies can be involved. If they are, they make an accident report, which usually says who they think was to blame for the accident. This can be vital evidence when you are making your personal injury claim in Derby.
- Your injuries need to be proven as well, and medical reports from whoever treated you will be needed. The are times when the victim is asked to attend a separate medical assessment, and this can only help with your personal injury claim.
- As part of your claim, you are able to recoup any extra expenses you have had to bear because of the accident, but you will need to keep receipts to prove that you have had to pay them.
- If you work, you can claim for any earnings that have been lost and your employer, or accountant if you are self employed, will be asked to confirm the figures you provide.
- Any other thing, no matter how trivial it may seem, that may help your claim, should be passed to Accident Advice Helpline. Sometimes, little things can be a big help when you are making a personal injury claim in Derby.
Getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline
Our 14 years experience of making successful claims has allowed us to make the processes simple, quick and efficient, including getting in touch with us to start with. There is:
- An online claim form which allows an experts assessor to look at your claim, and they will then contact you to see if you want to proceed.
- Our 30 second test, which lets you know if you qualify for compensation, and then gives you an estimate of how much it could be.
- Our freephone helpline, 0800 180 4123, where you can speak to our friendly advisors for all the help and support you may need when making your claim.