Food poisoning is becoming more common as people lifestyles change. These days, convenience seems to be more important than diet, and convenience foods can easily be the cause of food poisoning. Generally, victims will be looking at where they have eaten over the last few days when they are taken ill, but it could be a ready meal from a supermarket that has caused the problem, it does not have to be a café, restaurant or take away.
Whatever food caused you to feel so very ill though, as long as it was not something you had prepared yourself, you could be entitled to make a personal injury claim in Deganwy for compensation.
How food outlets can avoid you making a personal injury claim in Deganwy
People that serve prepared food to customers, such as cafes, canteens, restaurants and take aways, have a legal responsibility to make sure the food is safe to eat. Food poisoning is mainly caused by bacteria getting into the food, and they need to prevent this from happening.
- They should ensure that chilled foods are stored below 5 degrees.
- They need to make sure food is cooked thoroughly, and not keep it at warm temperatures for prolonged periods once it has been cooked.
- If they do not use all the frozen food they have thawed, they should discard what is left, and never refreeze it.
- All preparation area and utensils need to be kept clean at all times, and should be cleaned between the preparation of each different food.
- The kitchen staff needs to be clean, and wash their hands regularly. No one that is ill should be allowed in the kitchen.
- They should not use anything that is past its use by date.
These are just a few pointers that help to keep the food bacteria free, and most of them are the sorts of things you would do in your own home. But there are some foods that need even more care, as they are more susceptible to being infested.
Taking extra care to avoid a personal injury claim in Deganwy
The foods that need extra care taking of them include:
- Poultry and other raw meats
- Cooked sliced meats
- Raw eggs
- Shell fish
- Pre packed sandwiches
- Fresh milk
When you start to get stomach cramps, start to vomit and keep having to run to the toilet, you will know you have eaten infested food, and should really report it to the Food Standards Agency, who will track the source of the infestation and put a stop to it.
Next report it to Accident Advice Helpline
You should claim compensation for food poisoning, as it will make you feel really poorly and can lay you low for quite a while. In fact, at its worst, it can damage the central nervous system, and there have been occasions where victims have died from it.
Accident Advice Helpline will help you claim the compensation you are entitled to in a fast and efficient manner, keeping your claim as stress free as possible along the way.
You can reach our freephone helpline by calling 0800 689 0500 from your land line. Alternatively you can call 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.