When a victim is thinking about making a personal injury claim in Dacorum, they are sometimes concerned about whether Accident Advice Helpline will deal with their type of injury. As long as they were severe enough to need the attention of a medical professional, then we can deal with them as part of a claim.
Some of the injuries Accident Advice Helpline deal with when victims make a personal injury claim in Dacorum
Our solicitors and lawyers do not profess to be medical experts, but they do know where to go when medical advice about a claim is needed, and who the best specialist is to use if the victim needs a specialist medical report.
Some of the more common injuries Accident Advice Helpline deal with is:
- Burns and scalds – these are most usual from kitchen accidents, but they can happen anyway. It is not only fire and hot liquids that can cause these injuries, sometimes victims get chemical burns.
- Fractures – these are one of the most common of injuries sustained in accidents, and as long as it is not your skull, chest or backbones that are broken, generally heal with no after effects.
- Head and brain injuries – these can cause severe problems, not just for the victim but for their family as well. These injuries are life changing, some victims needing the stay in a care home until they die.
- Back and spinal injuries – depending on the severity of the injuries, victims of a problem with their spine could be crippled and be confined to a wheelchair.
- Lost limbs – to suddenly only have one leg or arm, assuming only one is lost in the accident, can have a devastating effect on the victim. Although there are false limbs available, they are not suitable for every victim.
- Soft tissue injuries – although these are not the most serious of injuries, they can still cause months of pain and suffering for the victim, and some are left with permanent affects from them.
- Damage to joints – if your knee is smashed in an accident, it could mean that you will never be able to bend your leg again, the same can apply to your elbow joint. These are just two of the joints that can cause enormous problems for victims of this type of injury.
- Facial injuries – if a facial injury involves scars to the face, it can turn the most extrovert of victims into a recluse. Not wanting other people to see how they look can make them lose all social skills and affect their life greatly.
These are just a few of the injuries we are asked to deal with for a personal injury claim in Dacorum, but there are many others that ruin the lives of victims forever.
If you have been injured in an accident that was the fault of someone else, complete the 30 second test on our website to get an estimate of how much your compensation could be. Or you can call our friendly advisors on our freephone number 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: 5th November 2014