If ever you are injured in an accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to compensation by making a personal injury claim in Coventry. If the guilty party admits they were to blame, then it is a case of agreeing the amount to be paid. But if whoever you are blaming argues your claim, you need to gather evidence to prove your claim.
The evidence that can help prove your personal injury claim in Coventry
Collecting evidence at the scene of an accident is not always easy if you have been too badly injured, but hopefully someone else will think to take matters into their own hands.
- Photos of the accident scene can be very useful, even ones taken on a mobile phone. These can sometimes prove a certain point, and could seriously help you prove your personal injury claim in Coventry.
- If anyone witnessed the accident, find out if they are prepared to make a statement. If they are, get their contact details, so if they are needed Accident Advice Helpline can get in touch with them.
- Draw a sketch of how you remember the accident happening, and make notes about it. You do not need to be a good drawer to do this, as long as you understand it that is all that matters. This is just to help jog your memory about things as they happened.
- Sometimes the police or HSE are called to an accident scene, and if either of them is involved, they will try to speak to everyone that was in the accidents, and any witnesses to it. From the information they are given, from what they can see and tests they may take, they will compile an accident report. These reports often say who they think was to blame for an accident, so this could be vital evidence when you are making a personal injury claim in Coventry.
- You have to prove your injuries as well, and the obvious way to do this is by medical reports from the doctor that treated your injuries. That is usually enough, but sometimes victims are asked to attend a medical with a specialist in the area in their particular injury, and this can only help your personal injury claim.
Making your personal injury claim with Accident Advice Helpline
We have been helping innocent victims with their personal injury claims for nearly 15 years, and have the experience, expertise and knowledge, you want on you side.
We have helped many thousand of claimants get the compensation they were entitled to, and have many past claimants who are glad they used Accident Advice Helpline.
As well as being good at what we do, we provide the highest quality of services, always making sure we look after our claimants. These claims are all handled through the ‘no win, no fee’ agreement, so they do not have to worry about financing their claim either.
Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim.
Date Published: 1st November 2014