All employers in the UK have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees while they are at work. Failure to comply could mean that a member of staff is injured in an accident at work, and if this is the case, it should be no shock to the employer when they have a personal injury claim in Connah’s Quay made against them.
The accidents at work that could result in a personal injury claim in Connah’s Quay
The variety of jobs in the UK is so huge, there is no end to the way innocent victims can be injured through no fault of their own:
- A roofer could fall from a roof if there is inadequate safety measures in place
- A warehouse worker could damage themselves by lifting heavy good incorrectly if they have not been trained how to do it properly
- Someone working in a kitchen could be badly burned if the right precautions are not taken
- An office worker could take a nasty fall if trailing wires are allowed, something which should never be permitted
- Any worker in any industry could have an electric shock from faulty electrical items
- A factory worker could have an accident with a piece of machinery if the proper safety guards are not in place and working correctly
- A farm worker could be involved in an accident with a piece of heavy farming machinery, such as a combines harvester
- A tree surgeon could be hit by a falling tree.
These are a drop in the ocean of the ways accidents can happen while people are at work, and most of them could be prevented if the proper health and safety measures were in place.
Making a personal injury claim in Connah’s Quay if your boss does not comply
It is your employer’s duty to find out what health and safety laws apply to their trade or profession, and then to implement them. This is not difficult, the government make all the information that is needed readily available on their Health and Safety Executive website, and if an employer needs more help, there are numbers on the site that they can call for assistance.
Being ignorant of what they should have done is no defence if you are injured in an accident at work that was because of their negligence and at Accident Advice Helpline we see this situation all too often. If this is the case you can make an injury claim in Connah’s Quay.
Over the last 16 years, we have dealt with many thousands of successful personal injury claims, and there have been numerous ones against employers where they could have protected their staff more, and then perhaps they would not have had to face a personal injury claim in Connah’s Quay.
On our website there is a 30-second test. This lets you know if you qualify for compensation, and gives you an estimate of how much it could be. Or you can call our freephone helpline and speak to our friendly advisors for all the information you want about making a personal injury compensation claim. Call today on 0800 689 0500, if calling from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 if calling from a mobile.
Date Published: 5th November 2014