If you enjoy cycle riding, make sure you do everything you can to keep yourself safe. Of course this is not always possible, because most cycle accidents are not the rider’s fault, and you cannot always avoid an accident that was not your own fault. In this situation, UK law says you are entitled to make a personal injury claim in Bristol for compensation.
The rules for making a personal injury claim in Bristol
It is not just cycling accidents these rules apply to, any accident you want to make a claim for has to comply:
- The accident must have been the fault of someone else
- You must have been injured in the accident
- Your injuries must have needed medical attention
- The accident must have happened within the last three years
All accidents come within the realms of a personal injury claim in Bristol, or anywhere else, if they fit these rules.
How cyclists can try and reduce the risk of having to make a personal injury claim in Bristol
There is very little a cyclist can do to reduce the risk of someone else causing them to be in an accident but anything they can do is better than nothing:
- They should learn the Highway Code and obey its rules
- They should always ensure their bike is well maintained, checking the lights, brakes and chain each time before they leave home
- Wearing the correct protective clothing is important, particularly a good quality, well-fitting helmet
- Wearing something bright to make themselves more visible to other road users can be life saving
- Avoid wearing headphones for music or a mobile phone, as this can mean unseen traffic cannot be heard either
These are just a few suggestions of things that might help reduce the risk of them sustaining serious injuries but they should always be aware of what is going on around them, and be ready to take evasive action if possible.
If this all fails and they are injured in an accident that was not their own fault, they should get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to make their personal injury claim.
Making your personal injury claim with the experts
Using the experts at Accident Advice Helpline to make your personal injury claim is the best way to get the compensation you are entitled to and deserve. Since June 2000, we have been helping innocent victims of accidents achieve this, and now we can help you.
Call our helpline and speak with our friendly advisors. They will give you answers to any questions you have about making a claim and will then let you decide if you want to proceed. If you do not want to carry on, they will respect your decision, as their advice comes free of any charge or obligation. You can get in touch with us by calling 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
We also have our online options if you prefer to do things on the Internet, and on our website you will find our online claim form and our 30-second test. This lets you know if you have a valid claim and gives you an estimate of how much your compensation could be.