Cycling accidents are not a rare reason for a personal injury claim in Bexley, as cyclists are so vulnerable on our roads. Cycling is now the third most popular pastime in the UK, mainly because people of all ages can take part.
But they are one of the very few things allowed on our roads that do not have to be insured, so if they are injured in an accident that was not their own fault, and if they want to make a personal injury claim in Bexley, the rider often has no legal representation.
At Accident Advice Helpline, we will provide them with top quality lawyers so that they are represented in the best possible way, and to make sure they get the compensation they are legally entitled to.
Reducing the risk of accidents and having to make a personal injury claim in Bexley
There are some things that cyclists can do to help reduce the risk of being in an accident, and the risk of serious injury if this should happen:
- Even though they do not need to take a test to ride on the roads, they should learn the Highway Code and abide by its rules.
- They should avoid riding next to other riders wherever possible, as if one goes down, they can take others with them. Riders travelling together can be frustrating for drivers who want to get past them, and sometimes makes the drivers take risks they shouldn’t.
- Keep well clear of parked cars so that if doors are opened they are not knocked of their cycle.
- Do not wear headphones for music or mobile phones, as these can be too distracting, and mean the rider might not hear traffic they cannot see.
- Keep aware of what is happening around them at all times, and always expect the unexpected.
- Wear a good quality well fitting helmet to protect their head.
- Wear any other protective clothing they can, as well as something light and bright to make them more visible to other road users.
Many of the accidents for cyclist are solo events, caused by potholes and bad road surfaces, and the next most common cause is a driver failing to see them until it is too late to stop. If that driver happens to be in charge of an HGV or bus for example, the rider stands very little chance of surviving the accident, and if they do will probably be very seriously injured.Open Claim Calculator
Making a claim for a cycling accident
If you are an injured cyclist, and the accident you were in was not your fault, get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline and we will make sure that your claim is dealt with quickly simply and efficiently, and that you get a fair deal for your situation.
We work on a no-win, no-fee* basis, so do not let finances stop you making a claim, just call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from mobile or complete one of our online choices, and start you personal injury claim in Bexley today.