What many people do not realise is just how expensive being hurt in an accident that was not your own fault can be, and how making a personal injury claim in Basingstoke and Deane is meant to help.
Some of the expenses you need a personal injury claim in Basingstoke and Deane to help with
Accidents bring with them many extra expenses, not all of which will apply to every innocent victim, but can include:
- Extra medical expenses – this could just be prescription charges, but could also be private medical costs if the treatment you need is not available on the NHS.
- Travel costs – if your car is off the road because of the accident, or you are unable to drive, you might need to use taxis to and from medical appointments.
- Care costs – even if it is only for a while, you could find that the injury means you are unable to do some of the everyday tasks we all take for granted. You could need help taking a shower, may be getting dressed or undressed or you could need someone to be with you all the time to take care of your needs.
- Childcare costs – if you have been injured, and have a six month old child, or you need to get young children to and from school, you could well need to pay for childcare to help you.
- Adapting you home – if your injuries are such that you need to use a wheelchair, you home might need adapting to cope with this. Of course, the home you live in could be totally unsuitable, and there could be home moving costs involved.
These are just samples, but the amounts of expenses can vary greatly, and even the cheaper ones of them can mount up to a lot of money over time. You should get receipts for everything you have to spend, as you will need to prove the expenses, which can be recouped as part of a successful claim.
Making your personal injury claim in Basingstoke and Deane
You can see already how many things need considering when you are making a personal injury claim, and we have not even mentioned the severity of your injuries, your recovery prospects or how the injury has impacted on your life. You can be assured that at Accident Advice Helpline, everything to do with your accident and injuries will be looked at because we want to make sure you get a fair deal for you own particular circumstances. Call us now to find out more on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.