It is said that the best advice anyone can give you about making a personal injury claim in Aylesbury Vale is to make it as soon after the accident as you can. This is because the claims that are made sooner, appear to be more successful and result in higher amounts being awarded.
There is no particular reason for this, and it can only be assumed that it is because recent evidence is more readily accepted than evidence that is perhaps three years old.
Other tips for making your personal injury claim in Aylesbury Vale
There are several things you can do that could be useful when you come to making your personal injury claim in Aylesbury Vale, such as:
- Keep notes of everything. Little things can be important to your claim, but can easily be forgotten.
- Draw a sketch of the accident scene and how the accident happened, from your point of view. You do not need to be an artist to do this, it is for your use only and to help you remember.
- Take photos of the accident scene if you can. Most mobile phones have a camera facility and photos on your phone will be fine.
- Keep receipts for anything you have to spend that has been caused by the accident. These can be reclaimed with a successful claim, but you have to be able to prove them.
- Have a folder or file to keep everything in, bits of paper are lost very easily and copies can be a lot of hassle to get hold of.
- If the police, Health and Safety Executive or any other official body were involved, they will have compiled an accident report. Ask for a copy of this, as this evidence can prove vital for your personal injury claim in Aylesbury Vale.
- If there were any witnesses to your accident, get their contact details if they are willing to help.
Of course, much of this will not be needed if the guilty party admits they were to blame, but whether they do or not, what will be needed is medical reports to prove the extent of your injuries. In fact, sometimes, victims are asked to attend a medical with a specialist in their injuries, but this is not always the case.
Do not be put off making your personal injury claim in Aylesbury Vale
There are several things that put victims off making a claim. For some, dealing with large organisations is an obstacle, and for some it is the fear of having to find lots of money. There are others things as well that concern victims who are making a claim, but the best tip of all we can give you to avoid all of these problems is to use Accident Advice Helpline.
Dealing with large companies is of no concern to us at all, and as for money, we use the no-win, no-fee* agreement, so it need not be a worry at all.
Call us free today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from mobile phones.