Slips, trips and falls are the most common of all accidents and they affect many innocent victims every year. Some of the injuries sustained in them are very serious, and many victims of them make a personal injury claim in Arun.
The rules for a slip, trip or fall personal injury claim in Arun
The rules for making a claim for a slip, trip or fall accident are the same as for all other personal injury claims:
- Someone else must have been to blame for the accident
- You must have been injured in the accident
- Your injuries must have needed medical treatment
- The accident must have happened in the last three years
A claim can be made for any accident as long as it fits these criteria, although there can be a slight variation to the time limits.
How a slip, trip or fall accident can happen
Many of these types of accidents result in minor injuries, but in some situations they are very serious, such as:
- Falling down a flight of stairs that has no handrail, or is poorly lit, can cause broken bones, head or brain injuries and a whole host of other things.
- Slipping on a wet floor that should have had warning signs does not sound too bad, but it really depends how you land and what you land on. If the slip was on oil on a factory floor, you could find yourself landing on moving parts of machinery, and who knows what the results would be.
- Tripping over trailing wires could cause you to bang your head as you fall, maybe on the corner of something, and you could sustain a nasty head injury.
- Falling from a height, maybe from faulty scaffold that fails when you are four stories high could be fatal.
- Slipping on a shop floor could bring racks of stock down on top of you and that would be very unpleasant if that stock was tinned goods, for example.
- Tripping over a broken paving slab could throw you into the path of oncoming traffic.
These are just a few examples of how a slip, trip or fall accident can happen and why you might want to make a personal injury claim in Arun.
Making your personal injury claim
When you are considering making a personal injury claim, get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Our friendly and helpful advisors will give you all the information you need to help you decide if you want to proceed. Their advice comes free of any charge or obligation and they will respect your wishes and not put you under any pressure if you decide not to go ahead.
Or, before you speak to anyone, you could complete the 30-second test on our website. This lets you know if you qualify for compensation, and if you do, gives you an estimate of how much it could be.
Contact us at Accident Advice Helpline now on our freephone number to find out more.
Date Published: 5th October 2014