How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury claim after an accident

    You may want to make a personal injury claim after being involved in an accident for which you were not to blame. If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault in the last three years, you may have grounds upon which to base a claim.

    Injury claim after an accident

    You can make a personal injury claim after an accident at work, in a public place or one which took place on board a ship or boat. Wherever your accident occurred, it is possible to make an injury claim, if you can prove that it was caused as a result of another person’s negligence.

    You would need to find a solicitor with the knowledge and expertise you need in order to maximise your chances of winning your claim. If you had an accident at work, for example, you would need a solicitor who has the knowledge of employment law and the Health and Safety at Work regulations to help you with your compensation claim. There would be little point in hiring a solicitor who mainly dealt with road accidents.

    Slips, trips and falls

    Slips, trips and falls are the most frequent accidents, as they can happen just about anywhere. If you trip in the street, perhaps because of an ill-maintained pavement, then you may have grounds for filing a personal injury compensation claim against the local authority. If you can, you should take photographs of the scene of the accident and of your injuries, as these can be used as supporting evidence for your claim.

    Although you have three years in which to make a personal injury claim after an accident, it is better not to wait too long. Sometimes it takes years rather than months to be awarded compensation. If the case can be settled out of court, you could expect to receive compensation for an injury claim after a few months (usually within six).

    Open Claim Calculator

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you are considering making a personal injury claim after an accident for which you were not responsible, you may wish to make use of our services at Accident Advice Helpline. You can visit our website to find out more about us, and while you are on our home page, you may be tempted to take the 30-second test, which gives you an estimate of the amount of compensation you could receive for your injury.

    When you have done that, you may decide to call us on one of our helpline numbers. As our lines are always open, you can call at any time for expert legal advice about any aspect of your potential claim. Call from a landline on 0800 689 0500, or from a mobile phone on 0333 500 0993.

    Date Published: 10th September 2013

    Author: leva20

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.