We all trust our medical professionals – we have no choice in the matter. They have spent years training to do their job, and you do not expect them to get it wrong. Sometimes though, they do and that is when an innocent victim of their mistake might make a personal injury claim in Abergavenny.
The medical mistakes that could cause you to make a personal injury claim in Abergavenny
There are many areas of medicine, nearly 50 of them alone for doctors to choose from, let alone the nurses, opticians, pharmacists and every one else. What you have to realise is that they are human, and do sometimes get it wrong, but that does not mean that you should not claim the compensation you would legally be entitled to.
Just some of the mistakes that can and have happened in the past are:
- Doctors missing important symptoms so giving the wrong diagnosis – this can lead to extra suffering for the patient, and delay their recovery.
- Nurses takes smear test incorrectly – this causes flawed results and can result in a case of cancer being missed.
- Hospitals removing the wrong leg– just imagine how you would feel, as the leg that should have been removed would still have to be amputated.
- Pharmacists giving the wrong medication – the consequences of this can be dire, as well as not treating the problem, they could have an allergic reaction to the one they have been given.
- Care workers dropping people – there are ways to lift people out of bed, and rules regarding how many workers should be involved. Being dropped in this way could cause more injuries than the patient originally had.
- Opticians messing up laser eye surgery – many of the problems with laser eye surgery can be corrected by having the procedure for a second time, but not all of them can, and a patient should not have to go through it twice because of the incompetence of the person that carried out the procedure.
You generally visit medical professionals because you are already ill or injured, and to be made worse, or have a new problem created is the last thing you expect.
Making a personal injury claim in Abergavenny for medical negligence
Medical negligence claims are among the most complicated of all claim, and you have to be able to prove that there is at least a 50% chance that your treatment was wrong. This is usually achieved by reports from a specialist in your particular injury or illness, and if they say they would have treated you differently, then you have the basis to make a claim.Open Claim Calculator
To find out more about making a claim, whether it is for medical negligence or any other type of personal injury, get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline, as personal injury claims are what we specialise in. You can even take the 30-second test online to get an idea of how much you could be due.
Call our helpline for free advice from our friendly advisors, or complete the online form on our website, and then decide if you want to proceed with a personal injury claim. Get in touch on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 if you’re on a mobile.