All employers have a legal responsibility towards their staff. They have to make sure that their employees have a safe work environment, because if one of the staff has an accident at work through the employer’s negligence, and they are injured in that accident, the staff member would be able to make a personal injury claim. They might well want to do this with an injury attorney in Newburgh from Accident Advice Helpline.
What an employer can do to avoid having to face an injury attorney in Newburgh
There are many things an employer should be aware of, some of them specific to their trade or profession. There are also general rules, some of which are:
- Procedures should be in place in case of an emergency situation, and all employees should know what these are;
- Regular fire drills should take place;
- There should be a health and safety policy for the business, and all staff should know the details. The employer needs to make sure the employees adhere to the policy;
- Employees should have enough room to work without having to constantly twist and turn;
- If plant and machinery is part of the job, it must be in proper working order with safety devices fitted where appropriate;
- The employees who are going to use the plant and machinery need to be given proper training to use it, and they should not be allowed to use it without the safety devices;
- An accident book should be kept to record all accidents, no matter how minor;
- Risk assessments should be carried out and any potential safety risks acted upon;
- All staff should take their breaks as and when they are due, as an employee getting over tired can be a danger to others;
- Where it is needed, the employer should supply the employee with protective clothing, at no charge to the employee. The employer should insist on the staff wearing it; and
- If there are any serious accidents, they should be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
These are just some of the rules and regulations; your employer can visit the HSE website for full details, as well as safety measures for different trades. It is a very user-friendly website that could save them having to face a claim with an injury attorney in Newburgh.
Work-related claims with an injury attorney in Newburgh via Accident Advice Helpline
It is not just the one-off accidents that are a problem for employers. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we have also dealt with many claims for industrial conditions that can take years to develop, and the employer is just as responsible for these.
You can contact our free helpline on 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our friendly and professional advisors to put your claim in motion, or you can complete the 30-second test on our website for a rough idea of the amount you may be awarded.Open Claim Calculator
We operate on a no win no fee* basis, so you have no need to worry about the costs. It’s free whatever way you decide to contact us and you will have nothing to pay out until we have won your case.