How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury accident compensation claim

    Making a personal injury accident compensation claim

    If you have been involved in an accident, chances are that you may have suffered an injury. If the accident was not your fault – due to the carelessness, error or negligence of someone else – then the injuries you have sustained are referred to as a ‘personal injury’.

    A personal injury can be either a physical injury, disease or illness, or a psychological (emotional) injury or illness. In serious accident cases a personal injury can result in a permanent disability or even death.

    How personal injuries occur

    A personal injury can be sustained in a variety of ways:

    • Road traffic accident
    • Accident at work
    • Medical negligence
    • Sporting accident
    • Trip or fall in public place
    • Accident due to faulty goods
    • Accident due to faulty service


    You can make a personal injury accident compensation claim which includes general damages and special damages.

    General damages are a type of compensation paid for the injury you have sustained. It is for the pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of the accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Special damages are a type of compensation paid for the financial loss caused by the accident. This will include damage to your clothing or other items, prescription costs, travel expenses to medical appointments and loss of earnings.

    You have three years in which to make a claim for personal injury compensation for negligence. For children the law is slightly different and they have three years from their 18th birthday in which to make a claim.

    The compensation claims process

    The easiest way to make a personal injury accident compensation claim is to have a personal injury solicitor handle the claim for you.

    The solicitor will have specialist knowledge regarding personal injury law and the relevant experience to deal with the compensation claim. Most of the claim can be dealt with over the phone, making it simpler and easier for you.

    Accident Advice Helpline has its own special team of personal injury lawyers and we work for clients all over the UK.

    If you decide to take up our services to handle your compensation claim then we will appoint one of our personal injury solicitors to work for you. You do not have to worry about searching for a qualified and reliable legal representative as we will do the hard work for you. Your solicitor will take away the stress and hassle so that you can concentrate on your recovery and putting the accident behind you.

    You can give our team a call on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to discuss your injury accident compensation claim in more detail.

    Date Published: 15th January 2013

    Author: paul

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.