Personal injury accident claim advice
Unfortunately accidents do happen. As a result, thousands of people each year are left with personal injuries that affect them physically and emotionally. What is more frustrating is when the accident is due to the lack of due care and diligence of someone else, and no fault of your own.
Why should you suffer the consequences? You are entitled to claim personal injury compensation for your injuries and any financial loss due to the accident.
Accident Advice Helpline understands that we cannot completely take away the pain and suffering you are experiencing. However, we can help you move on so that you can put the terrible experience behind you.
What you need to know about making a personal injury accident claim:
- Make the claim for personal injury compensation within three years from the date of the accident. This is actually a legal requirement, and your application for compensation should be made within this time frame in order for you to qualify.
- There should be sufficient evidence and proof that the accident was the fault of a third party.
- You have suffered personal injuries as a direct result of the accident. You should be able to provide confirmation of your injuries, preferably from a doctor who has examined you.
Action you should take
If you intend to make a personal injury accident claim for compensation, actions you should take include:
- Inform the police if the personal injury resulted from a car accident or violent attack.
- If the personal injury resulted from a road traffic accident, you should report the accident to your insurance company. Your insurance policy may become invalid if the accident is not reported.
- While the details of the accident are fresh in your memory, you should write down an account of the sequence of events. Draw a sketch if possible and take photographic evidence if you can.
If the injuries you sustained were due to a work-related accident then you need to record the incident in the accident book. If there is no accident book, you should write down the details, including the date and time, send a copy of this to your employer and make sure you get an acknowledgement of receipt.
Make a personal injury accident claim
Contact Accident Advice Helpline for help in making a personal injury accident claim. We have specialist expertise in handling personal injury claims and will do our best to settle your claim efficiently, swiftly and professionally. You can relax in knowing that your claim is in the best possible hands.
We will appoint you a personal injury solicitor who will make the compensation claim on your behalf. We have the legal knowledge and training to help you win the maximum compensation you deserve.
Call us on 0800 689 0500 (landline) or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.
Date Published: 15th January 2013