How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injuries on the road in Colchester

    How to pass the time and avoid injuries on the road in Colchester in traffic jams

    Traffic jams are infuriating for anyone on the road as there is nothing you can do about them, there is seemingly no end to them and it can be hot and boring sitting around in them. If a traffic jam is caused by an accident then there is no time limit on how long they could last, and there is very little you can do but sit and wait until the traffic is cleared and you are finally on your way.

    If you are in a rush to get somewhere and are trapped in a traffic jam, this can be even more frustrating and make you really angry, however there is actually very little you can do about it, and being angry will not help the situation. The best thing you can do is one of the following to pass the time.

    • Listen to the radio. Not only will listening to the radio pass the time better than sitting in silence, if you listen to the local radio you should be able to get updates about the situation you are in and find out when it is likely to end, or how best to avoid the rest of the traffic jam if it continues.
    • Play games. If you are in the car with children then they are very likely to get irritated and frustrated even before you do, so you need to try to keep them amused before they snap and make the traffic jam even worse. Play word or sight games with them.
    • Talk to your passengers. If you are travelling with friends and family members, this can be a good time for you all to catch up before you reach your destination, or talk about your plans once you do get to where you are going.
    • Eat and drink. You should never eat or drink whilst you are driving the car, but if you get stuck and are definitely not moving you could use this time to refresh a little and eat something.

    How to claim for road traffic accidents

    If you have suffered injuries on the road in Colchester which were caused by a traffic jam, or the cause of a traffic jam, you may be able to make a claim for compensation. You can only claim compensation for road traffic accidents if you can prove that your accident was caused by the negligence of the other driver, and was no fault of your own.

    The best way to prove this is to call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 so that you can be teamed with an experienced personal injury lawyer. This lawyer will be able to talk you through your road traffic accident and what happened and help you to put together a strong case for a successful claim.

    Date Published: 12th August 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.