Five things to do if you have been injured on public transport in Trafford
If you have been injured on public transport in Trafford, you will no doubt be feeling distressed. However, it is vital to take the necessary action to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. After all, why should you have to fund the recovery process and all of the other costs that come with it when the incident was not your fault? Keeping that in mind, read on to discover the five steps you should take after any public accident.
- Get professional medical attention – It is vital to see a doctor. Obviously, you need to do this for your health, but it also pivotal when it comes to your case. If you do not see a medical professional, you will struggle to secure compensation, as there will be no solid proof of your injuries and suffering.
- Inform the company that is responsible – You should also make an official complaint to the company in question. This will prove that you have gone through the official channels and made a note of what has occurred and your suffering. This will help you later down the line when it comes to building your case.
- Get contact details – It is likely that there were some witnesses if you were involved in a public transport accident in Trafford, and, therefore, you are advised to get the contact details of anyone that saw the accident. Witness statements can really help to strengthen your case.
- Hire a no-win no-fee solicitor – If you take a look on the internet, you will see that you have an abundance of solicitors to choose from. However, it is vital to choose with care, as this person is essentially going to have your compensation in their hands. Choosing a no-win no-fee solicitor is a must, as you benefit from a significant degree of monetary protection.
- Keep proof of expenses – Last but not least, you need to keep proof of any expenses you have incurred as a direct result of your injuries. This includes the likes of travel costs, loss of income, prescription expenses, counselling costs, and childcare expenses. You will be able to claim for these as special damages.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline
Here at Accident Advice Helpline, all of our solicitors work on a no-win no-fee basis. We have an outstanding reputation in the industry, so if you would like to make a claim, all you need to do is give us a call. The numbers you need are 0800 689 0500 from your landline or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: 8th November 2015