All employers have a legal responsibility towards their staff to keep them safe at work. If one of the staff is injured in the workplace in Wandsworth, they could make a claim for compensation.
Employers that do not comply with health and safety regulations should not be surprised by this, and should not treat the employee badly because of it. If they do, they could find themselves facing an employment tribunal as well.
Avoiding being injured in the workplace in Wandsworth
There are numerous rules and regulations regarding employing people, and the ones relating to health and safety are all available on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website. There are ones specific to certain trades, and more general ones, a few examples being:
- Procedures should be in place in case of an emergency situation, and all employees should know what these are. Regular fire drills are part of this.
- There should be a health and safety policy for the business, which all staff should adhere to at all times.
- Employees should have enough room to work comfortably without having to constantly twist and turn.
- Any plant and machinery must be in proper working order with safety devices fitted where appropriate.
- Only employees that have been properly trained to use the plant and equipment should be allowed to do so.
- An accident book should be kept to record all accidents no matter how minor they may seem. Serious accidents should be reported to HSE.
- Risk assessments should be carried out and any potential safety risks acted upon to try and eliminate them. If they cannot be eliminated, all staff should be made aware of the risks, and there should be plenty of warning signs to remind them.
- The employer, free of any charge to the employee, should provide any protective clothing that is needed to do a job safely.
These are just some of the rules and regulations your employer needs to follow, and failure to do so that results in innocent victims being injured can mean they have to face personal injury claims in Wandsworth.
Accident Advice Helpline and Work Related Personal Injury Claims
At Accident Advice Helpline we have handled numerous claims for accidents at work among the many, many thousands of successful claims we have dealt wth over the last 14 years.Open Claim Calculator
Simply call 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. If you have been injured in the workplace in Wandsworth, we may be able to help you.