What is an inflation calculator?
In relation to personal injuries, an inflation calculator is a tool that is able to calculate your compensation entitlement, whilst taking into account fluctuations in the factors that contribute to inflation.
A good personal injury inflation calculator will provide you with a realistic estimated compensation amount, true to current rates. Accident Advice Helpline have a useful online 30-second calculator which returns a figure based on your answers to a few simple questions. Your injury type will be used to inform you of a compensation amount, based on previous similar types and variable depending on the severity of your injuries.
Whilst a personal injury inflation calculator can provide you with a quick answer, it is always best to then follow this up with a call to a personal injury specialist. At Accident Advice Helpline, our highly trained specialist advisors will ensure they have all the information they need to make a successful claim on your behalf, all with the added peace of mind of a no-win, no-fee policy.
Who is entitled to compensation?
The injury types that may be eligible to receive compensation include:
- Head or brain injuries, perhaps due to a car accident or a fall from height;
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash;
- Spinal injuries, which could have been caused by a sporting accident;
- Broken bones, perhaps caused by a fall in a public place;
- Repetitive strain injury in the workplace; and
- Vibration white finger, caused by the use of power tools.
Whilst this is not an exhaustive list, it does give a good idea of the range of injuries that can happen through no fault of your own. To be eligible to receive compensation, your injury must have happened in the last three years, have resulted in a visit to a medical professional (perhaps your GP or hospital A&E) and have been someone else’s fault.
Why make a claim for compensation?
Compensation is important not only for you, but also to help ensure that others do not experience similar fates in the future. Your compensation amount will:
- Ensure you do not carry a financial burden, such as care costs, medical bills, or loss of earnings due to your injury;
- Go some way to compensating for the emotional and psychological impact of your accident, which may have caused nervousness or even depression, and had a wider impact on your family and friends as well as yourself; and
- Potentially encourage preventative measures, for example the provision of extra training by the company you work for, or road repairs by your local council.
After using a personal injury inflation calculator, you should get in touch with a compensation provider as soon as possible. At Accident Advice Helpline, we are able to process the majority of our claims entirely via the telephone, so you can do so from the comfort of your own home. All of our cases are handled on a no-win, no-fee basis.
Call us today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline our one 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to make your compensation claim.
Date Published: 16th May 2013
Author: Sharon Parry