As well as accidents at work, employees are also at risk of contracting an industrial illness or condition and it does not matter what your job is, anyone can be at risk. Employers are supposed to take measures to prevent them from happening, but if yours does not and you become unwell, you may want to make a compensation claim for industrial illnesses in Knettishall.
Claiming compensation for industrial illnesses in Knettishall
Industrial diseases can vary a great deal from minor to major. From minor such as, hand arm vibration syndrome, to major like lung cancer, which could be fatal. The majority of them can be prevented if the right precautions are taken, and the correct health and safety measures put in place.
Making a compensation claim
It doesn’t matter how severe your injury is, if you became ill because of your job, you may be entitled to use the solicitors in Knettishall at Accident Advice Helpline. Over the last 15 years, we have helped countless sufferers of industrial illnesses, some of the more common problems being:
- Repetitive Strain Injury is caused when the same muscles are used repeatedly for actions they do not normally make.
- Back and spinal injuries can be caused by regular heavy lifting, without the proper training
- Industrial Deafness is the result of constantly working in excessively loud noise.
- Dangerous Chemicals and Substances need extra care taken and every step should be taken to avoid as much exposure as possible to these.
- Asbestos related diseases are still coming to light even though asbestos was banned in the UK at the end of the last century. The problem with these diseases is that they can take up to 40 years to develop and it is expected that the number of reported cases will not peak until 2020.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome caused by an inflamed nerve in the wrist
- Hand arm vibration syndrome caused by the constant us of vibrating tools
Contact Accident Advice Helpline now
If you need to make a claim for industrial illnesses in Knettishall, speak to a member of our personal injury team now. We can help you to find out more about how the claims process works and we can even launch a claim on your behalf, if you would like us to do so.
Don’t miss out on your chance to make a claim for compensation. Contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Make your injury claim today and you could receive compensation sooner than you think!
Date Published: 20th April 2014
Author: David Brown