Work environments should be safe places to work. Most employers will make sure that Health and Safety procedures are followed to minimise accidents, but industrial illnesses in Braintree still happen. Accident Advice Helpline are experienced solicitors who could help you to claim compensation.
Safety at work
- Jobs which involve working with loud noises could affect your hearing. You should be provided with protection to prevent you going deaf.
- Some jobs involve power tools or vibrating machinery and this could lead to a condition called vibration white finger. There are steps your employer can take to minimise the risk.
- Working with asbestos is hazardous. Anyone who works with this should only do so when wearing to correct protection.
Get advice off Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline are experienced personal injury solicitors with over 15 years of helping people to claim compensation. We understand how industrial illnesses in Braintree can happen and the effect they can have on you.
Our friendly advisors will advise you about things you can do to help while you are making your claim and they can also confirm if you are in a position to receive compensation.
Claiming for industrial illnesses in Braintree
There are three things you need to know about making a compensation claim.
- Your accident must be someone else’s fault. If you have an industrial injury, this could mean that you were not given the correct equipment to help you do your job.
- You must make sure that you get medical treatment and advice. this is an important record of your injury and it will mean that you have the right treatment to help you to recover.
- There is a time limit of three years to claim if you’ve had an accident. For industrial illnesses this may not be possible so call Accident Advice Helpline as soon as you realise you have an injury.
All of Accident Advice Helpline’s solicitors work on a no win, no fee basis, meaning you don’t have the additional worry of how you’re going to fund your claim. We can start your claim for you without taking any money from you first.
How to start your claim
All you need to do is talk to one of our advisors and they can do the rest. They are trained to start your claim over the phone, so you won’t be asked to arrange an appointment with a solicitor first.
So call us today on 0800 689 0500, which you can call us free from a landline, or call us from your mobile on 0333 500 0993.
Date Published: 20th April 2014
Author: David Brown