Would you make an industrial illness claim in Stratford Upon Avon?
Stratford Upon Avon is a market town and civil parish in south Warwickshire. The town is a popular tourist destination owing to its status as the birthplace of the playwright and poet William Shakespeare, receiving about 3 million visitors a year from all over the World. The Royal Shakespeare Company resides in Stratford’s Royal Shakespeare Theatre, one of Britain’s most important cultural venues.
Being a tourist area, Stratford Upon Avon doesn’t have many industrial businesses within its boundaries, but round about it there are many. The workers in these factories, warehouse, foundries or whatever, may well become the victims of industrial illnesses and diseases and if that should happen to any of them, they might be able to make an industrial illness claim in Stratford Upon Avon.
The horrible illnesses and diseases that may cause an industrial illness claim in Stratford Upon Avon
Industrial illnesses and diseases range from comparatively mild conditions such a vibration white finger to terminal illnesses such as asbestos related lung cancer. Most of them are job related, and if your employer has failed in their duty to protect your health and safety, you may be able to make an industrial illness claim in Stratford Upon Avon.
A sample of the various industrial illnesses
There are many different industrial illnesses and conditions that can happen. Some of the more common industrial illnesses are:
- Vibration white finger – a problem with the hands also sometimes known as dead finger, caused by the constant use of vibrating tools
- Repetitive strain injury – this can occur anywhere in the body if the same muscles are used again and again in movements that is not usual for them
- Dermatitis – a skin problem
- Back injuries – often caused by heavy lifting without the proper training how to lift heavy objects safely
- Asbestos related diseases – asbestos was used extensively in the second half of last century in construction and shipbuilding particularly. Although it was a very flexible and cheap commodity, it also turned out to be very dangerous. The dust from asbestos settles in the lungs and cannot be removed.
- Industrial deafness – this is caused by prolonged exposure to loud noises. Wherever possible the employer should try and reduce the noise levels, but if they cannot, they should supply you with ear protection.
- Dangerous chemicals and substances – some jobs involve contact with or exposure to dangerous chemicals and substances. The employer should try to minimise this and where necessary provide protective clothing and equipment.
Making an industrial illness claim in Stratford Upon Avon
If you need to make an industrial illness claim in Stratford Upon Avon, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline for the expertise you need for a successful claim. Our in house solicitors have a wealth of knowledge and experience and will deal with your claim speedily and efficiently.
Our helpline is number, 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, and there you will find friendly, professional advisors ready to talk to you about your accident and guide you through the processes of your claim.
Date Published: 27th September 2013
Author: David Brown