Hot enough for you? This summery weather is brilliant, but did you know that lots of accidents can happen at this time of year? We want you to stay safe and happy, so here’s:
Accident Advice Helpline’s Top Ten Tips for Avoiding Being Hurt in Ryedale
- A jug of Pimms is a tempting option, but alcohol actually dehydrates you further – so remember to drink plain water as well if you fancy a cocktail or two. And don’t forget – jugs of fruity punch still pack quite a punch, alcohol wise, so never drink and drive.
- While you’re at your barbeque – make sure that your meat and seafood is properly cooked. Food poisoning is no fun at all!
- The heat makes it harder to concentrate, so don’t do anything potentially dangerous in the home – now is not the time to pick up those DIY power tools.
- Carry suncream with you to top up throughout the day – you can just as easily get burned on a city street as on the beach. Pay particular attention to the back of your neck and your ears – areas that are often missed.
- Watch out for others too – particularly the young or elderly. If someone seems confused or unsteady, find a bench in a shady spot for them to sit on, and give them some water.
- On that note, don’t forget to carry water for yourself, too.
- But avoid drinking water from taps that aren’t marked “drinking water” – you can get a nasty tummy bug from unclean water.
- You can also get strange rashes for swimming in lakes and streams, and swallowing un-chlorinated water can again cause nasty bugs. Don’t swim unless signs say it is safe.
- Draw your blinds at night and try and get the room as cool as possible to sleep in – if you’re finding it difficult to sleep, your concentration will suffer even more, and that’s when accidents happen.
- Enjoy your summer!
We hope these tips are useful.
Despite the best of precautions, sometimes accidents do happen, and in that case Accident Advice Helpline is here to help. We have assisted hundreds of people to get accident compensation after being hurt in Ryedale, and if you’d like us to help you, too, the number to call is 0800 689 0500 and from your mobile 0333 500 0993.
We have lots of advisers ready to take your call about compensation, and they’re on call 24/7 – that means you can call us and talk to a trained adviser at any hour of the day or night, seven days a week.
If it’s not a good time, we’ll even call you back. We want to help when you have been hurt in Ryedale.
Date Published: 28th July 2014
Author: David Brown
Category: Location Posts