How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Hurt in a public place in Knightsbridge

    If you have been hurt in a public place in Knightsbridge, London, which you can prove was not your fault, you may be looking for injury lawyers to help you make a personal injury compensation claim.

    You may have been round and about, and tripped and fallen because liquid or food was spilled on the floor and it had not been cleaned up, and no hazard signs had been put up warning you of the possible danger, for example.

    You may have had an accident on an escalator because it was faulty, or because of the negligence of a member of staff. You may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim for such an accident and injury.

    Claiming compensation if you’ve been hurt in a public place in Knightsbridge

    If you are injured in an accident in the street or in a shop, supermarket, bank, museum or any other public place, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim. Although you have three years in which to file such a claim, it is advisable to do so as soon as possible.

    This is because the details of the accident will be clearer in your mind that they would be after a couple of years from the date of the accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you have an accident in a shop, for example, you should inform a member of staff and they should write the details in the accident book, with the names and contact details of any witnesses.

    You should have immediate medical treatment and if possible take photos of the scene of the accident and your injuries as these can be used as supporting evidence for any personal injury compensation claim you may wish to make in the future.

    If you have an accident in the street and are injured, call the police and an ambulance. You may be able to make a compensation claim for the pain, distress and suffering caused by your injury against the local authority whose responsibility it is to keep roads and pavements in a good state of repair.

    Make a claim with Accident Advice Helpline

    If you think that you have a potential personal injury compensation claim to file, but you are not sure about how to do this, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline for expert legal advice and help.

    If you’ve been hurt in a public place in Knightsbridge and you want to find out more about making a claim, call us now on 0800 689 0500 for landline calls and 0333 500 0993 for mobile calls.

    Date Published: 21st November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.