Important maintenance checks for your car, to avoid a car accident
Being able to perform regular maintenance checks on your car is one way that you can avoid being hurt in a car crash in West Lothian. This will help keep your car in top working condition. Of course, you should always make sure to get your car regularly serviced by a professional, but this is not necessary every day. If you want to keep your car ticking over between serviced, then applying these simple checks is the way to go.
- Tyres. Your tyres are one of the most important parts of your car, and something which need to be checked regularly. Look over your tyres to check the tread and condition of the tyres overall. looking for any signs of weakness, air pressure, holes or scuffs.
- Wipers. Again, a very important part of your car, but something people often leave out. It is actually illegal to be driving with wipers that don’t work, so these should be checked for damage and to ensure that they are working properly on a regular basis.
- Windscreen and mirrors. Not being able to see properly is a major cause of accidents, so you should check your windscreen and mirrors for scratches, scuffs and even dirt, to ensure that everything is clean and crystal clear.
- Bodywork. Rusting bodywork can be more dangerous than it looks, and can even lead to the deterioration of the internal workings of the car. If your car has any damage to the bodywork, get it to a mechanic.
- Lights. Check all of the lights on a regular basis. Try to do this every week whether it is summer or winter, as not having working lights when driving at night can be dangerous, and is also illegal.
Hurt in a car crash in West Lothian
If you are hurt in a car crash in West Lothian, then you may have to claim on your insurance, or pay out for a compensation claim. This can be very stressful, and expensive, making the whole situation even more devastating for you. However, if your accident was caused by another driver (and you can prove this), you may be able to claim compensation.
Call Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline has over 15 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims, and works with experienced personal injury lawyers to get you the compensation you deserve. The helpline is available on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. Their friendly and helpful team are on hand to give you the advice and support you need to get started.
Date Published: 16th June 2014
Author: David Brown