If you have suffered an injury in a Huntingdonshire accident at work, it could be that your employer has let you down. Your employer has a responsibility to ensure that you remain safe and secure at work, and if your employer has failed in his or her duties, you may feel unsure as to what to do next.
Important steps to follow in the aftermath of a Huntingdonshire accident at work
In the immediate aftermath of your accident at work, you should:
- Report your accident to your employer
- Record the details of your accident in your employer’s accident book
- Seek medical attention for any injuries you have sustained
- Take photos of the location of the accident and the hazard that caused it
- Request the names and contact details of any witnesses to your accident
- Retain receipts for any expenses you incur
If your employer has fallen short in any area where your health and safety is concerned, and you have suffered an injury in a Huntingdonshire accident at work, you have a legal right to make a claim against them. Your employer should have liability insurance in place, and this is there to cover them against the cost of your accident at work claim.
If you are sure the accident was not your fault, you should not let the fear of the potential consequences put you off filing a claim. Your employer’s role, where you are concerned, is to protect your health and safety, and if they have failed to do so, you should be able to bring a claim against them without putting your employment prospects on the line.
Claiming compensation for your Huntingdonshire accident at work
If you decide to make a claim, then please contact us at Accident Advice Helpline. Our trained claims advisers are here to discuss your claim and talk you through your next steps. If we feel you have a strong case against your employer, our experienced personal injury solicitors will help you to receive compensation for the following:Open Claim Calculator
- The pain and suffering caused by your injury
- Your loss of enjoyment of life
- Your lost wages and pension rights
- Any other expenses you incur, such as your medical treatment charges and nursing care costs
They will work for you on a ‘no-win, no-fee*’ basis, and they will make it their mission to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
How to contact us at Accident Advice Helpline
Call us at Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 from a landline. To call us from a mobile ring us on 0333 500 0993.
Why not call us now and find out how we can help you claim after an accident at work in Huntingdonshire?